Post-graduate Research Fellowship
This research position is designed for an independently funded scholar to work with the Innovations and clinical teams to perform research in areas of minimally invasive and flexible endoscopic surgery. The innovations team will provide mentorship to the fellow. Research facilities include the Providence Surgical Simulation Institute and FSIE partnered large animal research facilities. Research fellows are expected to work on projects with a goal of national presentation and publication.
- Submit the online completed application including a CV and letter of support from your program director or chief of surgery.
- Set up meeting/conference call with Executive Director to review proposed research plans for the fellowship.
- FSIE Committee will review all applications monthly. You should expect to hear the committee decisions regarding acceptance within 4-6 weeks of applying
- FSIE will contact you to finalize dates of fellowship. You will be required to provide proof of research funding, a digital photo to be distributed to security and staff and pass a routine background check. (Non US applicants can provide a certified equivalent or obtain a US background check paid for by the applicant)
- After approval the following will be required:
- Complete the required HIPAA forms (if clinical research involved)
- Complete Providence Observer-ship forms (if applicable)
- FSIE does not provide housing, travel or expense coverage but our staff will be happy to help you select convenient areas etc.
- The maximum duration for the FSIE ResearchFellowship is limited by the travel visa (6 months maximum) as we do not sponsor work or extended visas at this time.