The Foundation for Surgical Innovation and Education is committed to:
- Advance and support basic and applied medical research–especially in the areas of Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS).
- Fund initial research and grant proposals.
- Support funded educational courses; both CME and non-CME sponsored
- Support unfunded education and meeting opportunities (scholarships)
- Educate to promote diagnosis and MIS treatments of clinical diseases and to promote a better understanding of complex diseases and of the practice of surgery.
We are driven by the belief that through research and education we can work to assure improved clinical outcomes, treatment options and a better quality of life.