FSIE Research Administrative Coordinator
Last update: 10/7/11
FSIE Mission: To support quality in research and education in the field of Minimally Invasive Surgery
- President & Founder: Lee L Swanstrom, MD
- Director of Research & Education: Christy M. Dunst, MD
- Lab Director: Kevin Reavis, MD
The Research Coordinator (RC) will work directly with research staff, nurses and surgeons associated with FSIE to support the mission of FSIE. The RC will be intimately involved with all aspects of clinical and laboratory based research. In this role they will be expected to participate in weekly research meetings designed to generate ideas and formulate research plans. The RC will assist the investigators with Institutional Review Board (IRB) preparation, consents, data collection etc. The RC will also serve as the liaison between the FSIE and study sponsors which includes maintaining annual reports, certifications etc.
- Schedule, attend and document weekly research meetings
- Maintain research calendar (with agenda items, labs, presentations, grant deadlines, publication tracking, etc),
- Assist researchers in manuscript/grant submission
- Help coordinate research volunteer/intern responsibilities
- Work with and assist investigators with IRB submission and correspondence
- Orient new research fellows and interns to the laboratory
- Assist with Inventory and stock research lab supplies
- Assist Lab Director with coordination of industry sponsored labs
- Provide administrative support for FSIE Research activities, (Computer skills, electronic medical record, Excel, Access, Publisher, Word, Internet, video recording and editing etc)
- Assist with Continuing Medical Education (CME) certification/documentation with American College of Surgeons (ACS) for CME eligible courses
- Provide administrative support for SAGES Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery (FLS) Proctor: as needed
The position is supported at 0.5 FTE or 20 hours per pay period but is negotiable based on current needs of the foundation.
Please email your CV as a PDF.